PATCH: sftp-server logging.

Jason A. Dour jason at dour.org
Tue Mar 19 02:16:53 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 01:57:01AM -0800, alicia wrote:
> > To enable logging, one must use compile time directives
> > (-DSFTP_LOGGING).
>
> I did that by setting the environement variable
>
>    export CFLAGS="-DSFTP_LOGGING"
>
> before running
>
>    $ patch -p0 < /tmp/sftp-server.withlogging.patch
>    $ ./configure && make && make install
>
> But when restarting sshd with "LogLevel INFO" I do not see
> anything that looks like SFTP-logs in my logs... Anyone that have
> got this patch to work or know what I've done wrong (Linux ix86)?

Hmm.  I just did your exact steps on my install (x86 Linux), and it
worked fine.  Verify that your Makefile has -DSFTP_LOGGING in the
CFLAGS.  Perhaps your configure run didn't pickup the CFLAGS.

If this was a prior installation directory, perhaps do make clean
first?

Cheers,
Jason
# "Jason A. Dour" <jason at dour.org>                  http://dour.org/