Install OpenSSH-3.1p1 Error !

Perrin perrin at spectratech.com
Fri Mar 22 19:56:22 EST 2002

Hi,

There are some problem during installation openssh-3.1p1. I refer to the installation guide to configure firstly, but it display warning "Could not find working OpenSSL lib."! So I need to install the OpenSSL lib before run the configuration? where is the OpenSSL lib ? Would I download from the Internet ?

Attached the config.log file

Thanks
Perrin

[root at perrin openssh-3.1p1]# ./configure
checking for getuserattr in -ls... no
checking for daemon... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking whether snprintf correctly terminates long strings... yes
checking whether getpgrp takes no argument... yes
checking for OpenSSL directory... configure: error: Could not find working OpenSSL library, please install or check config.log