Viruses

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Mar 26 11:07:48 EST 2002

John Hardin wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 09:41, Jim Knoble wrote:
> > Circa 2002-Mar-25 09:08:17 -0800 dixit John Hardin:
> >
> > : Can somebody install an attachment filter on the listserv?
> >
> > Why?  I'd think that filtering out the yutzes who send viruses to the
> > list would work better. Survival of the fittest, where "fit" implies
> > "not using virus propagation platforms like MS Outlook".
>
> (evil grin) Put a filter on the listserv that rejects messages with
> Mailer: headers that contain the strings "Microsoft" or "Outlook"...

Maybe also X-Mailer: microsoft* and windows* ?  Note that all virus
notifications that received here was sent incorrectly, and by some
sort of windows-based crapo^Wsoftware.  I too have a virusscanner
for our local office, but this software does not mailbombs list-owners
and list-recipients.

Well, yes, if problem persists, some sort of attachment filter (*.exe
etc) will be helpful.

Regards,
 Michael.