scp : Problems with pathing

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Sat Mar 30 16:42:06 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Tuc wrote:

> > > 	Quite sure.
> >
> > What does "strings sshd | grep bin" say?
> >
> gna# strings sshd | grep bin
> bind
> Cannot bind any address.
> /bin/sh
> /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth
> /bin/sh
> /bin/sh /usr/local/etc/sshrc
> /usr/bin/login
> buffer_put_bignum: BN_bn2bin() failed: oi %d != bin_size %d
> bind: %.100s
> bind port %d: %.100s
> /bin/sh
> twist_option: /bin/sh: %m
> /bin/sh
> execl /bin/sh: %m
> bind

Hmm, doesn't look like a PATH in there anywhere. Mine has
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin right above the /bin/sh /usr/local/etc/sshrc
line. Something is going wrong with your build.

E-mail me privately your config.h, config.log and the configure
command line you used. And what platform is this again?

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net