scp : Problems with pathing

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Sun Mar 31 04:33:05 EST 2002

[snip]

> > Hmm, doesn't look like a PATH in there anywhere. Mine has
> > /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin right above the /bin/sh /usr/local/etc/sshrc
> > line. Something is going wrong with your build.
> >
> > E-mail me privately your config.h, config.log and the configure
> > command line you used. And what platform is this again?
> >
> 	BSD/OS, 4.0.1 and 4.1

Here is what's going on.
Your config.h has
#define HAVE_LOGIN_CAP_H 1
#define HAVE_LOGIN_GETCAPBOOL 1
--------< defines.h >-------
#if defined(HAVE_LOGIN_GETCAPBOOL) && defined(HAVE_LOGIN_CAP_H)
# define HAVE_LOGIN_CAP
#endif
----------------------------
-----< session.c >----- (edited)
#ifdef HAVE_LOGIN_CAP
                (void) setusercontext(lc, pw, pw->pw_uid, LOGIN_SETPATH);
                child_set_env(&env, &envsize, "PATH", getenv("PATH"));
#else /* HAVE_LOGIN_CAP */
                child_set_env(&env, &envsize, "PATH", _PATH_STDPATH);
#endif /* HAVE_LOGIN_CAP */

So the path you want, "_PATH_STDPATH" will not be used.
I'm not sure what to do about it. I have no BSD here.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net