Error 255 Openssh-3.5

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Nov 16 09:19:59 EST 2002

Ben Lindstrom wrote:
On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 Daniel.D.Olsson at telia.se wrote:
> > make install following error comes out
> >
> > mkdir /opt/openssh/etc
> > ssh-rand-helper: Cannot find ELF

> Do you have GNU binutil loaded?  If so I suggest you update them.  Older
> versions were buggy and created bad code.

You can also set your path so /usr/ccs/bin/strip is used instead of
/usr/local/bin/strip.

The error occurs when binaries linked by /usr/ccs/bin/ld are stripped by
GNU strip from binutils 2.12.1 or lower. As Ben said, upgrading binutils
is probably your best bet.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.