Forcing privileged ports with ssh -R

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at siemens.com
Thu Nov 21 04:58:48 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:47:17 +0100, Robert Dahlem wrote:

[abstract: in need of knowing wether remote side incoming connection for
ssh -R came from a privileged port and - if yes - connect on the local
side from a privileged port too]

>So my idea is to implement it in a way that
>client_request_forwarded_tcpip() in clientloop.c checks originator_port
>for being in the priveleged range and - if yes - uses a privileged port
>to connect.

I implemented this, please see attached patch file.

I made it an option (-Q), because it implies some trust into the remote
sshd.

Any chance this will make it into the "official" code?

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at siemens.com
Siemens Business Services -  SBS D ORS FS BO DEZ KORDOBA-Outsourcing
Tel: +49-69-797-6530  Fax: +49-69-797-6599
Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.