AIX 4.3.3/OpenSSH 3.5p1 compile problem

David Steiner david.r.steiner at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Nov 28 03:30:52 EST 2002

At 9:23 +1100 11/26/02, Darren Tucker wrote:
>David Steiner wrote:
>>  My apologies if this is not the appropriate forum for this but I have
>>  posted twice to the ssh security list and have not received any
>>  replies. I would appreciated any help that anyone can offer. TIA
>
>What options did you give to configure for krb4 and openssh?

krb4: No special options except compiler:

env CC=xlc ./configure
make
make install

openssh:

CC=xlc ./configure --prefix=/usr/ssh --with-afs=/usr/afsws
--with-kerberos4=/usr/athena --with-tcp-wrappers=/usr/local
--sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-pid-dir=/var/run --with-ipv4-default
--with-default-path=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/afsws/bin:/usr/ssh/bin:/usr/local/bin

>One guess based on previous kerberos problems: do you have a libdes or
>librcrypto in /usr/athena/lib from a previous (older) installation of
>kerberos?

This is a newly set up machine. The only version of krb4 on it is the
current one built as above.

>  > checking if your system defines WTMPX_FILE... no
>>  configure: WARNING: Please check and edit -blibpath in LDFLAGS in Makefile
>>  configure: creating ./config.status
>
>That's normal.

ok.

-David-
--
David R. Steiner                               david.r.steiner at dartmouth.edu
UNIX System Manager                            Phone:  603.646.3127