Question regarding patch for ProxyCommand setting

Shun-ichi GOTO gotoh at taiyo.co.jp
Tue Oct 1 12:45:45 EST 2002

>                      I'd almost want to suggest a 'DisableProxyCommand
> [yes|no]'.  but 'DisableProxyCommand no' does not make sense.

I like this way by adding new option 'DisableProxyCommand' or
'EnableProxyCommand' or 'UseProxyCommand' or 'WithProxyCommand' with
value (yes|no).

On most environment, ProxyCommand has same string like:
 "/some/proxy/command -opt %h %p"
If so, he don't need ProxyCommand on many host entries.
So ~/.ssh/config goes like this:

host foo
  EnableProxyCommand yes

host bar
  EnableProxyCommand no

Host *
  ProxyCommand /some/proxy/command -opt %h %p

If multiple ProxyCommand is required, define ProxyCommand for that host
entries or override 'host *' entry, and it works correctly like current
version can do.

On another point of view, we can think as current version is always
defined EnableProxyCommand as YES by default. And we are discussing the
way to set it to NO, don't we?

--- Regards,
 Shun-ichi Goto  <gotoh at taiyo.co.jp>
   R&D Group, TAIYO Corp., Tokyo, JAPAN