good news for solaris8 &3.4p1

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Oct 8 11:00:34 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:39:55AM +1000, Darren Tucker wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > On the other hand, if UseLogin=yes
> [snip]
> > I'm not exactly sure which is the preferred one to use here :-)
> > Any recommendations?
>
> You can't use X11 Forwarding with UseLogin. This may or may not matter
> to you.

Yes, it does matter. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are there any underlying OS integration or security concerns I should be
aware of though, when using PAM with  UseLogin=no  ?

That whole "removing root credentials" warning seems to indicate a semi-good
reason behind why that code was buried in #if 0
There seems to possibly be a bug in PAM initialization by sshd, maybe?

But not knowing much about PAM myself, I dunno