openssh-3.4p1 install problems on Solaris 6 with openssl-0.9.6g

Thomas Binder binder at arago.de
Wed Oct 9 22:16:55 EST 2002

Hi!

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:05:20PM -0500, Aaron M. Hirsch wrote:
> > Are you sure the libwrap.a you use for the build process was
> > also built on Solaris 2.6? For me, it seems to have been built
> > on Solaris 8 - both Solaris 2.6 and Solaris 7 do not have any
> > of the functions the linker is missing.
>
> Thanks for the input, I did double check, uninstall and
> re-install the tcp_wrappers...it is for specifically for solaris
> 6.

And I've just compiled OpenSSH 3.4p1 successfully on a Solaris 2.6
machine, using my own build of libwrap.a - if you want to give the
latter a try, I can send you a PKG that installs into /opt/libwrap

Besides, there's no Solaris 6, just 2.6.

> Thanks for the heads up on it, back to the grindstone! :(

What options did you give to OpenSSH's configure, and where does
your libwrap.a install to? Did you give that path to
--with-tcp-wrappers?

Ciao

Thomas