pks for openssh

Vincent Danen vdanen at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Oct 11 04:44:43 EST 2002

I was directed to the following site by one of our customers regarding
a keyserver built into openssh.  There's a patch for 3.4p1 on their
site, but the license isn't very clear, nor is it clear if they have
approached the openssh team regarding the inclusion of this subsystem
into openssh proper.

I've been asked to patch Mandrake's openssh with this feature, but I'm
hesitant until I know what others think and, primarily, whether or not
they have even contacted people like Markus or Theo about this.  The
RFC is written by them, and it looks like they sell some commercial
software around this idea as well.

Here is links to more info:

http://www.vandyke.com/download/os/pks_ossh.html
http://www.vandyke.com/technology/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-
subsystem.txt

The idea of it sounds interesting, but I would really like to know if
they have approached anyone regarding having it included in openssh
proper.

Thanks.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/