pks for openssh

Vincent Danen vdanen at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Oct 11 06:48:03 EST 2002

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 01:45 PM, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> It is a subsystem.  It is not modifying the OpenSSH code at all, and
> the
> licensing in publickey-server.c is BSD two clause licence.  Which is
> what
> we encourage.

Fair enough.

> However this bugs me:
>
> RCSID("$OpenBSD: publickey-server.c,v 1.33 2002/06/30 00:00:00 markus
> Exp $");
>
> This is not a valid RCSID for OpenBSD.  Which IMNSHO is very poor
> manors.
> Leave the RCSID alone or remove them.  Don't randomly change them.
>
> Looks like it based on sftp-server.c

That was the impression I was under as well, for the basis.  I hadn't
even noticed the RCSID.

> <shrug> In general if I follow the code and RFC it is just a way of
> managing 'authorized_keys'  It even is wrong since we no longer support
> authorized_keys2.

=)

> I've never seen it submited to inclusion.  I'd  have to look closer at
> it
> to make any good or bad comments.

Ok.  Thanks for the preliminary observations.  I'll play around with it
and see how it works with the CVS snapshots since that's what I'm
interested in testing shortly (as time permits).

Thanks, Ben.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx - source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"