AIX remote root logins

Donnie Cranford mozilla at attbi.com
Sun Oct 13 08:40:23 EST 2002

I am in the process of introducing OpenSSH into our corporate environment.
This environment includes Solaris / HP-UX / AIX and Linux

We have had audit tell us we need to disable root logins through telnet...
we can do this through the use of OpenSSH on all platforms except AIX
apparently bug # 383 was supposed to take care of this and I have
downloaded -current snapshot
and tested but remote root logins through SSH still does not work.

I have also tested the Commercial version of SSH and it works on there,
so what are you guys doing different in your authenticate code??

Thanks

Donnie Cranford
Sr Unix Systems Admin
ING Americas