scp

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Tue Oct 15 06:25:47 EST 2002

Circa 2002-10-14 14:25:22 -0500 dixit Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner):

: Or to copy sym links as sym links and not the file they point to.

You must mean rsync ( http://rsync.samba.org/ ).  'rsync -l' copies
symlinks as symlinks, while 'rsync -a' copies device files, owners,
permissions, and datestamps in addition.