ssh-3.5p1 core dumps on Solaris 2.6

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 16 22:45:29 EST 2002

Martin MOKREJ© wrote:
>   I've reported this problem a month ago on this list, and probably no-one
> is interested? Binaries were configured with krb4 and afs enabled.
> However, only the second crash seems to be related to krb4.
> Any thoughts?

I use neither kerberos or afs but I do have a guess:

> #3  0x42bfc in do_log (level=SYSLOG_LEVEL_DEBUG1, fmt=0xb9e28 "using hostkeyalias: %s",
>     args=0xefffe510) at log.c:385
> #4  0x42574 in debug (fmt=0xb9e28 "using hostkeyalias: %s") at log.c:159
> #5  0x20c04 in check_host_key (host=0x5a "", hostaddr=0xf3560, host_key=0xffaa8, readonly=0,
                                 ^^^^^^^^^
>    user_hostfile=0x81 "", system_hostfile=0x69 " -v pf-i400") at sshconnect.c:561

It looks like the hostkeyalias ended up being an invalid pointer
somehow, which was copied into "host" and passed to debug().

Does your config file have spaces or control characters on the
HostKeyAlias line(s)? Can you post the relevant parts (ie the global
part and the host-specific part) of the config files (both user and
system)?

If that doesn't help, please do the following and post the results:
$ gdb ./ssh
(gdb) set args [your args to ssh here]
(gdb) break readconf.c:471
(gdb) run