playing with smartcard: rsa key upload?

Antti Tapaninen aet at cc.hut.fi
Fri Oct 18 04:53:50 EST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Andreas Hasenack wrote:

> Is there a tool to upload an openssh rsa key to a smart card so that I can
> use it with ssh -I later on? Should I just upload it as a regular file?
> Any pointers to some documentation explaining how to do this with openssh?

The current SC related code in openssh is a bit absurd anyway.
I'm currently rewriting the code into some more generic,
like pkcs#11 support. After this you can use opensc-pkcs11.so
to upload your keys.

Hopefully Theo and the rest of OpenSSH guys are willing to
ditch the current code base, ugly sectok and less ugly opensc
support entirely.

-Antti