SSH Documentation

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Sat Oct 19 15:15:15 EST 2002

Iain McAleer wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to find very indepth documentation of OpenSSH, so far I have
>found nothing of much use, if anyone could direct me to some advance texts
>on openssh it would be greatly appreciated.

The definitive guide to SSH is probably O'Reilly's "SSH: The Secure
Shell", as found here.  It's nice -- straightforward, comprehensive,
good stuff!

Personally, I can recommend Hack Proofing Your Network: Second Edition,
which contains an OpenSSH chapter on advanced tunnel design and
deployment using all sorts of third party hosts and "pseudo-VPN"
constructs.  But that's mostly because I wrote the damn chapter, and a
bit of the code too :-)   That book can be found here:

The book is an indepth look at what I talked about at Black Hat last
year; here are the slides from that talk:

http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-01/DanKaminsky/bh-usa-01-Kaminsky.ppt

Hope this helps!

Yours Truly,

    Dan Kaminsky