3.5p1, krb5 ssh -X-> sshd (F-Secure 3.0.1)?

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 23 08:27:34 EST 2002

Ok here is my limited understanding of the issues. OpenSSH only supports
KRB5 using the protocol 1 out of the box. The support for protocol 2 is
via the GSS-API protocol that is still in IETF until March of next year.
Simon Wilkinson from England does the code port for this (but his site
seems to have died today for some reason).

Now here is the other problem, the commercial version of the SSH uses
its own mechanism to authenticate via SSH in the early 3.0 series. This
work was done by a fellow at Sandia by the name of Glen Machin(sp). I
have heard this uses a completely different method that isnt ported to
OpenSSH at all. I have also heard that it isnt included in the latest
SSH.com code either, but I do not know much beyond that.

So for your case at Sandia, I think you will have to try

ssh -1 to your server to see if kerberos will work.