scp removing the file after successful copy?

Andrew Pollock andrew-ssh at andrew.net.au
Wed Oct 30 12:07:01 EST 2002

G'day,

Sorry for the intrusion, just wondering if there are any plans to add a -u
type option to scp like the commercial SSH's scp has, which removes
the file after a successful copy? (particularly when copying a remote file
to local)

I was involved recently with a replacement of the commercial SSH with
OpenSSH, and the lack of a -u option to scp caused some pain.

I did a quick search of this lists' archives, and I can see some comments
relating to this sort of functionality in the past, including some
patches, but it never seems to have made it into the mainstream release.

Can I make this a feature request?

regards

Andrew