Warning: Server lies about size of server public key: actual size...

Morgan Small msmall at arrow.lz.att.com
Sat Sep 7 02:45:45 EST 2002

We started receiving this message in our production server.
Warning: Server lies about size of server public key: actual size is 767
bits vs. announced 768.
Warning: This may be due to an old implementation of ssh.

When I looked in the list archives I see that there has been a conversation
about this topic before back about a year ago.
Currently we are going from Openssh version 3.4 to another version of ssh
using protocol 1.  We used this in our system test and have never
encountered this message.  From the looks of the archive list I thought this
this fix was supposed to be implemented.  Can anyone tell me the status of
this issue?

The Web Address that I was looking at for the related archives is:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&w=2&r=1&s=Server+lies+about
+size+of+server+public+&q=b

Any help is appreciated

Thank  You,