HPUX 10.20 and OpenSSH 3.4.p1

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Sep 13 19:28:01 EST 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 12:42:56PM +0200, Todd Parry wrote:
>         gcc -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized -I. -I.. -I. -I./.. -I/usr/local/ssl/include -
> I/opt/zlib/include  -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -
> D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED=1 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c fake-getaddrinfo.c
> as: "/var/tmp/cca23057.s", line 78: error 1052: Directive name not recognized - PARAM
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
> <snip>

Ok. This was what I was looking for.
It has nothing to do with make, it is a compiler issue.

It seems that gcc is compiling the code to assembler, but then "as" (the actual
assembler) has a problem in generating the object code from the assembler code.
I would rather guess, that you have a problem with your gcc installation.
It is best to use gcc together with GNU as from the binutils.
(I just tried a build using gcc 3.0.3 and could not reproduce your problem).

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/