Call for testing for 3.5 OpenSSH

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Tue Sep 24 12:17:12 EST 2002

Kevin Steves wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 12:46:08PM -0700, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
>

>>   Horrendously laggy console -- totally unusable.  SO_NODELAY get nuked?
>>

>Nagle usage is unchanged.  This problem report is useless.

It's called a problem report, not a solution report.  Given that:

1) Testing calls have preceded releases by 24 hours
2) Testing calls that go unheeded tend to lead to a very unhappy Ben
3) Ben specifically asked about Cygwin
4) I run Cygwin

I thought it was prudent to at least mention "compiles fine, not
actually usable though" as quick as possible.

Here, lemme see if I can whip up something a bit more useful.  I don't
know exactly what's causing it, but there's a second-level timeout
somewhere in here.  I fired up tethereal, and monitored the inter-packet
timings on a standard SSH2 login.  Here's the absolute timing -- notice
time-to-password is about 3 seconds, but in CVS we're up to 12.

Normal OpenSSH Behavior on initial connect(cygwin to freebsd):
19.787118
19.787173
19.787412
19.788726