NGROUPS_MAX

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Thu Sep 26 15:55:21 EST 2002

--On Wednesday, September 25, 2002 6:59 PM -0700 Kevin Steves
<kevin at atomicgears.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 08:01:30AM -0500, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
>> However, a lot of platforms don't support sysconf() and I since we are
>> heading into a lock I think we should hold off breaking platforms until
>> next release.
>
> yes, we definately don't want to mess with this now.
>
> also, i think _SC_NGROUPS_MAX was not a sysconf symbol on solaris 8.

My Solaris 8 box definitely has _SC_NGROUPS_MAX.

If we want to do this, I think we're going to have to create a minimal
sysconf() implementation for the platforms that don't support it. They'll
get the current compile-time values, and more featureful platforms will
support run-time values. I may take a stab at this, but not until after my
current ipfilter project is done. Although I do have a bit of free time
now, being recently laid off...

--
Carson