Portability patch for regression tests

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Sep 28 21:20:41 EST 2002

Hi All,
	As threatened, I have rolled up the various portability patches for the
regression tests. Assuming all is well, running the tests is as simple
as "make tests", although some platforms (eg AIX) require "SUDO=sudo"
first.

	I took the tests from OpenBSD CVS written by Markus and incorporated
the patches written by Roumen Petrov and myself as well as various
suggestions by various people. I also wrote a crude README, intended to
ship in the portable openssh tarball and reduce the number of "How do I
..." posts.

	Where possible, I tried to avoid changes and preserve the original
default behaviour.

	This has been tested on Solaris (2.6,8), HP-UX 11.0, Redhat 7.3,
OpenBSD 3.1 and AIX 4.3.3. It has a good chance of running on other
Unix or similar platforms without further changes.

	The changes and reasons for them can be found in the following threads:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=102734348721347
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=102760388201413

	The patches (against OpenBSD and OpenSSH) and the README can be had
from: http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/regress/

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.