FIPS 140-2 certification

Loomis, Rip GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com
Mon Sep 30 23:12:10 EST 2002

> I'm surprised that you are using IRIX.  I would not have thought IRIX
> would have gotten FIPS rating.  AIX or Solaris Trusted would not have
> surprised me.  Guess I'll have to have a chat with a buddy
> over there. =)

See http://niap.nist.gov/cc-scheme/CCEVS-CC-VID401-SGI_IRIX.html
for details.  (disclaimer:  I work for SAIC and was involved in
preparing the evidence for this evaluation.  TRIX was evaluated
at the same time.)

I'd be very interested in following up on FIPS 140 [series] certification
of OpenSSL/OpenSSH as well, but as others have noted it might be a
difficult process even with a financial sponsor.

--
Rip Loomis                         Senior Systems Security Engineer
SAIC Secure Business Solutions Group         www.saic.com/securebiz