Ssh: packet_read: long wait

Jose Guilberto guilbert at ee.nmt.edu
Sat Apr 5 03:02:43 EST 2003

	Hello,

	When I run ssh between two computers I have a 3 second delay
before I can login. I ran ssh with the verbose option and found out that the
delay is in between the following lines:

debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug1: Received encrypted confirmation.
(*** 3 second delay here ****)
debug1: Doing challenge response authentication.
debug1: No challenge.

	I read the source code for ssh and found out that my problem is in
file "packet.c". It stays for 3 seconds in lines:

   /* Wait for some data to arrive. */
	while (select(connection_in + 1, setp, NULL, NULL, NULL) == -1 &&
              (errno == EAGAIN || errno == EINTR))
	;

	Any body has an idea about why this is happening? Thanks for your
help.

	Jose Guilberto