OpenSSH 3.6.1p1 "Proxy-None" patch

Olaf Püschel O.Pueschel at olmos.de
Mon Apr 14 23:11:40 EST 2003

Hi OpenSSH'lers!

While using OpenSSH for quite a while, I became annoyed with the
inflexible config-file parsing algorithm. I special it did not
alow me to express: "Use *no* proxy for host xyz, but *this* proxy
for all other hosts".

So I had a look at the source an make a quick-n-dirty change, allowing
me to use the special ProxyCommand "None" to express "don't use a proxy".

Today I had to rework the patch, because the current version of the
config-file lexer/parser leaves no space in from of the keyword anymore
(gooood), but keeps a trailinh carriage-return (bad).

Anyway, the patch is attached. Hopefully it's usefull not only to me.
Usage is this way:

Host internal-machine
	ProxyCommand None

Host *
	ProxyCommand <any-proxy-command>

Best regard
Olaf
--
Olaf Püschel, Softwaretechnik, OLMOS Workstations GmbH, Germany
Wolfenbütteler Str. 31A, 38102 Braunschweig, Fon.: +49-531-22020-0 Fax: -99
OLMOS supports signed and/or encrypted mail. Grab my key at www.keyserver..net
"Unix *is* user friendly. It's just a bit picky about its friends"