Portable OpenSSH: Dangerous AIX linker behavior (aixgcc.adv)

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Apr 30 18:29:28 EST 2003

Damien Miller wrote:
> 1. Systems affected:
>         Users of Portable OpenSSH prior to 3.6.1p2 on AIX are affected
>         if OpenSSH was compiled using a non-AIX compiler (e.g. gcc).

Hi All.

	For the last year or so I've published OpenSSH binary packages for AIX at
[1].

	I would like to advise all users of these packages that all versions up
to and including the 3.6.1p1 version *are* affected by this and have been
removed.

	A patched version (3.6.1p1-1) is available which addresses this issue.  I
urge all users of these packages to upgrade or apply the workaround
immediately.

		-Daz.

[1] http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/

--