'cancel-tcpip-forward' is not supported.

Atsuhiko Yamanaka ymnk at jcraft.com
Wed Aug 6 16:43:55 EST 2003

Hi there,

I'm developing ssh client in pure java and, recently, I'm trying
to improve the port forwarding support on that stuff.

However, it seems to me that sshd of OpenSSH has not supported
'cancel-tcpip-forward' request.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-connect-17.txt
says that

  |  A port forwarding can be cancelled with the following message.
  |  Note that channel open requests may be received until a reply to
  |  this message is received.
  |
  | byte      SSH_MSG_GLOBAL_REQUEST
  | string    "cancel-tcpip-forward"
  | boolean   want reply
  | string    address_to_bind (e.g. "127.0.0.1")
  | uint32    port number to bind

Is there a plan to support that request?  Without that,
ssh clients can not cancel '-R' port forwardings dynamically.

Thanks,
--
ymnk