Help request: merging OpenBSD Kerberos change into Portable.

sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk sxw at inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 19:36:38 EST 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Darren Tucker wrote:

> Hi All.
>         I'm looking for some help to merge an outstanding Kerberos
> credential cache change from OpenBSD into Portable.  I don't know enough
> about Kerberos to figure out how that change should be applied for the
> non-Heimdal(?) code path.

There aren't any changes necessary in the non-Heimdal path. The change
moves the Heimdal code from using a memory based ccache to store user
credentials, to using a file based one. The non-Heimdal code has
always used a file based ccache.

[Aside: It would be significantly nicer architecturaly to store a users
credentials in memory until the last minute, and then have one location in
which they are written out, rather than the current situation where the
store credentials code is duplicated.]

Cheers,

Simon