Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Thu Aug 14 02:45:13 EST 2003

There appears to be a problem interacting with our kerberos server.  We
are using PAM with Kerberos authentication.  Everything was working with
the previous version of openssh, but logins with the latest version of
openssh started failing.

I tried turning off kerberos authentication in PAM, and that worked.  I
then tried pointing to a test kerberos server, and that also worked.
The only difference is that our main kerberos server is a Windows Domain
Controller, and our test kerberos server is a Sun.

I don't know how the interaction between openssh and kerberos changed in
the current version, but I have a workaround.  If you would like a dump
of the logs, please let me know.

    Alfred Hovdestad