setres[gu]id implicit decl warning on Linux glibc

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Fri Aug 15 17:07:18 EST 2003

Pekka Savola wrote:
> What I was looking for, though, was a slightly more advanced version of
> that; that is, "if declaration is not found but the function is, insert
> the declaration FOO in an includes file." >

You could probably do that but it's solving the symptom not the problem.

Problem: Redhat libc has setresuid/setresgid but includes don't.
Symptom: warnings compiling OpenSSH (and anything else using them).
Solution: get Redhat to fix their headers (which apparently they have).

OpenSSH has to bend over backwards in places to even compile or work
around various vendor brokenness.  I don't think bending further to
suppress (valid!) warnings is something we should do.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.