Partial Authentication in OpenSSH

erikvcl at silcom.com erikvcl at silcom.com
Tue Aug 19 10:22:00 EST 2003

Hi,

Pardon me if this has been discussed recently, I'm new to the list.  I am
interested in partial authentication in OpenSSH.  I have modified Maciej
Bogucki's patch that was based on a patch by Carson Gaspar for a
pre-privilege separation version of SSH.  My modifications have resulted
in a basically working partial authentication system, but my patch is
quite a hack.

As I have not developed on SSH before, I am not familiar with all of the
security ramifications that my patch can have.  And even beyond security,
there are some limitations of my patch compared to the original patch for
pre-privilege separation OpenSSH.

So my question is whether or not partial authentication is being actively
developed, whether or not any developers on this list would be interested
in seeing my patch and helping to mold it into something that can be used
in a future OpenSSH version, and if there is any interest in partial
authentication in general.

Thanks in advance.

Erik.