No interest in partial auth?

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Fri Aug 22 11:10:10 EST 2003

--On Thursday, August 21, 2003 5:33 PM -0700 erikvcl at silcom.com wrote:

> I don't mean to be annoying, but it seems like there isn't any interest
> in  partial authentication.  Is this true?  It's not a future plan for
> OpenSSH  to have this feature?
>
> I'd just like to know if I'm on my own or not.

I was told that the functionality I added was "too complex", and that the
most they'd accept was a bitfield (as opposed to my ordered list). As that
was useless for my needs, I gave up on it ever being added to the mainline
OpenSSH code. Once I left the employer that I had developed it for, I
stopped maintaining the code.

Good luck convincing the Cabal that it serves a useful purpose - I
couldn't, and I'm unwilling to take on the burden of maintaining a forked
project.

--
Carson