watchdog firebox has blocked ssh out

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Aug 23 15:53:10 EST 2003

"Mr. Mailing List" wrote:
> i used another port, i have port 21 on server
> forwarding to port 22, but it seems to still block it,
> unless, in putty, i choose "raw" as protocol.  i
> believe the ssh protocol itself is being blocked?
>
> is it possible to somehow come across as using http
> protocol?

Kind of.  You can use a HTTP proxy to CONNECT (I think that's in PuTTY
0.53) but after that it's still speaking the SSH protocol.

It sounds like you need to use another port through your firewall (ie
*not* 21).  Talk to your firewall admin.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.