splitting big authorized_keys files

Peter Stuge stuge-openssh-unix-dev at cdy.org
Thu Aug 28 09:31:49 EST 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 05:46:22PM -0500, mike808 wrote:
> > sorry, but the authorized_keys file handling won't be changed in
> > the near future.

[..snip..]

> Either way, I don't see how that would require any changes to OpenSSH.
> Or am I missing something here?

I believe the original poster had a setup with thousands of remote clients
logging in as the same (single) system user.

A horrible hack I just thought of is to add all 15000 users to /etc/passwd
with the same uid, dunno if it will actually work, and it's off-topic for
this list, anyway.

//Peter