I am writing "HOW-TO install and integrate ssh on Mac OS X" ... (Where can I publish it?)

Robert robertLinux at gmx.de
Fri Dec 5 04:21:02 EST 2003

Am 04.12.2003 um 10:33 schrieb Sergio Gelato:

> More generally, MacOS X system startup scripts in
> /System/Library/StartupItems
> can be overridden by locally installed entries in
> /Library/StartupItems. Just
> give your custom script the same Provides parameter as the one you
> wish to
> override. In 10.2, for example, you could simply copy the
> StartupItems/SSH
> directory and edit /Library/StartupItems/SSH/SSH to use your sshd.

Great.
I didn't know that.

Aehm, one question arises...
Why doesn't Apple gives us power users a way to manually ./configure
everything in the OS? I could imagine that it is not only me having a
need for a customized ssh, cups, apache (I have a need especially for
apache!!), well and I am shure there are other examples.

Since everyone can download darwin and dvd's getting cheaper and
cheaper Apple should deliver that part of the OS which consist of open
source, as source code and give (optionally) a way to see default
./configuers and to change it. Well, optionally for power users.

Thanks for the feedback!

I will post the link to my documnt here on the list and you can tell me
what you think. Mid-next-Week.

Greetings to all , I have a buisy week...
:)
Robert