problems with openssh 3.7.1p2 on AIX 4.3.3

Alexander Peuchert Alexander.Peuchert at deutsche-boerse.com
Wed Dec 10 23:47:19 EST 2003

Hi,
I already sent this mail to the secureshell at securityfocus.com mailing list, but
that seems to be spammed...

I searched the mailinglists and googled for this problem, but had no luck. So I
hope that someone here knows a solution.

I have to change the sshd daemon on two AIX 4.3.3 machines from a ssh.com
version to openssh3.7.1p2. The openssh daemon runs fine and I can log in, but
when I do a 'su' inside a openssh session I get an error. The error is below:

$ su
Password:
You entered an invalid login name or password.
3004-501 Cannot su to "root" : Authentication is denied.

I already had a look at the su account. It's neither expired nor looked. And if
I reuse the ssh.com daemon, the 'su' works.

As me not being an AIX expert I'm quite stuck here...

thanks for your help, Alexander

--
Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.