Mac OS X Keychain Support

Will M. Farr farr at MIT.EDU
Sat Dec 20 04:56:46 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm a Mac OS X user, and I got tired of typing my password every time I
want to login, but didn't want to use ssh-agent and the like.  So, I
grabbed the code for OpenSSH 3.7p1, and made some modifications which
allow passwords to be stored and recalled from the OS X Keychain.  The
reason I'm posting to this list is that I'd like to make these
modifications available to others, and I'm curious whether you would be
interested in including them in OpenSSH; I know that this is pretty
operating-system specific (as far as I know, keychain is unique to OS
X), but I changed configure.ac to test for keychain support when it
detects a darwin operating system, so it shouldn't bother people who
don't have mac os X.  Should I diff my code against the standard 3.7p1
and give you guys a patch?

Thanks!
Will Farr