chroot + ssh concerns

Lev Lvovsky lists1 at sonous.com
Wed Dec 31 13:08:09 EST 2003

Ben,

To be honest, I'm personally pushing for an unmodified-ssh way of doing
things - it's the head of security here that would rather we patch ssh.

Can you be more specific as to why this is a better idea over patches?
the "scponly" shell seems to satisfy our needs as well, but the issue
of code auditing stands for both that, and rssh, so I need to come back
with some good reasons.

thanks!
-lev