MAX_ALLOW_USERS

James Dennis jdennis at law.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 7 01:32:09 EST 2003

Hey everyone,

I appreciate the input. The reason we have 256 AllowUser's is because we
are (as stated before) explicitly allowing users to sftp to our systems
and denying the rest. Because we use sftp as our main file transfer
method, we of course have many users that need to be explicitly allowed.

As Ben is always a source of good info, I'm curious why you would see
this is an abuse? We're probably going to just double that number and
recompile if it looks as though it's not an abuse. Hopefully I'll get
time to whip up a patch to moves that number into sshd_config.

-James