kex guess methods incorrect?

James Dennis jdennis at law.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 7 02:49:02 EST 2003

Hey guys,

My second post in the last few days (boy I'm active! ;)). We've had a
few issues with SSH Secure Shell version 3.2.0 (build 267) and sftp and
while trying to figure it out I noticed something in the debug output
that I think should be brought to OpenSSH's attention.

Ssh2Transport/trcommon.c:1518: All versions of OpenSSH handle kex
guesses incorrectly.

Does anyone know what this is about? I can provide more info if necessary.

--
James Dennis
Harvard Law School

"Not everything that counts can be counted,
and not everything that can be counted counts."