Subscribe to list

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Feb 12 07:17:18 EST 2003

Try using any debug options on f-secure to see what is happing.
You can also start sshd using another port, and add the -d options.
this will show what the server is seeing.

Is f-Secure only using sshv1 and OpenSSH configures to use only sshv2?
Look for:
Protocol 2,1
in the sshd_config to say use both v1 and v2

Anne Pemberton wrote:

> Remote users on external networks unable to connect to the host using
> F-Secure SSH from their workstations. The Host is installed with
> openssh-3.4p1 from IBM.
> Previously the host was installed with F-Secure 1.2.26 and there wasn't any
> problems.
> What can we do.
> I've checked in the sshd_config file and the AllowHosts and Allow Users
> tags are in there with the host ips and usernames that I wish to allow to
> the system.
>
> Any ideas. Maybe I should return to version 1.2.33 of the vanilla SSH.

No.