Issues regarding multiple NAT'd ssh servers

Peter J. Milanese pmilanese at nypl.org
Thu Feb 13 07:29:41 EST 2003

Greetings-

      I recall mention of this bug at some tim elast year, but do not know
if
anything yet has been done to address it or if it is in any plans...

I have multiple servers behind a f/w. I have ports forwarded on the f/w
which map
to port 22 on the various servers.

i.e.

ssh -p1001 FIREWALL_IP ---> NON_ROUTEABLE:22

This is fine, but the hostkey negotiation obviously fails...

Is there any sensible way to fix this, and will known_hosts
include a port identity at some point in time?

Any input would be greatly appreciated-