Logging of comments on keys

Rob Hagopian robopenssh at hagopian.net
Fri Feb 14 03:06:49 EST 2003

Well, the original argument against logging the comment was that a user
could go in and change their comment, my point was that this is not always
the case (and it doesn't have the be owned by root, it could be owned by
nobody or some other user).

Since a user could just go in and change their key anyway if the
authorized_keys file isn't chowned away, I don't see how logging the
comment is that much different from logging the key fingerprint anyway?

-Rob