newbie wants to compile SCP into his own application

aplumb at westpac.com.au aplumb at westpac.com.au
Thu Feb 20 09:15:35 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have seen in the OpenSSH source that the scp executable is built by
compiling scp.c and linking with libopenbsd-compat.a and libssh.a. (Correct
me here if I'm wrong)

My question is, can I make this a module in my own application by using the
scp.c source and ilnking the libraries mentioned above ? The reason is, I
want to perform an SCP from my application, but I don't want to execute the
external command line utility "scp". I want to be able to get a return
value to indicate success or failure and handle this in my app.

Thanks,

Andrew Plumb.