openssh password aging/expiration on Solaris 8

Leon, Yanet I,,DMDCWEST Leonyi at osd.pentagon.mil
Tue Feb 25 10:53:56 EST 2003

Hello there,

We have several Solaris 8 systems.  We recently and successfully configured
and installed Openssh3.5.  However, we haven't been able to set up password
aging/expiration on these boxes.  Users are not being notified when their
passwords are approaching expiration nor they are able to change their
passwords when password expiration is forced on their next login.  When
password expiration is enabled they get an access denied error.

Could you guide me to the right place to get a patch and the appropriate
steps to apply it?  Please, let me know if there is indeed a patch for
Solaris 8.  Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Yanet I. Leon
Unix System Administrator
Email: leonyi at osd.pentagon.mil <mailto:davisam at osd.pentagon.mil >