RSA1 fingerprinting and privsep

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Sat Jan 4 05:25:28 EST 2003

I was looking through the RSA fingerprinting code from a few releases
back, with an eye to being able to close
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=111598>. While it
works fine with SSH2, the fingerprint log message goes missing with
SSH1. I eventually realized that this is because auth_rsa() is called in
the unprivileged child, and so can't write syslog messages.

Am I right that auth_rsa()'s fingerprint logging needs to be split into
a separate function which can be called through the monitor functions?
If so, I will try to produce a patch.

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson at flatline.org.uk]