Is sftp-server's stdout redirected to client ?

zhang at csee.wvu.edu zhang at csee.wvu.edu
Mon Jan 6 14:12:45 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

I added some code to sftp, which would be useful for me. I add a
command "run", which can run any command on the remote shell, in the mean
time I want the server send the standard output back. for example, when I :

sftp> run ls

I want to see the result locally.

I thought the stdout of sftp-server has been redirected to the client. But
I get "message too long" error. When I check the received buffer, it do
have part of the server's standard output, but it is messed up.

How do I fix it? Thanks,

Hanzhou